If you are a Graduate within a Science/ Mathematics discipline with exposure to Object Oriented Programming and you are looking to develop your career within the hedge fund industry, where you will combine trading research and programming, this role could be what you are looking for.
Our client is a growing hedge fund, with a superb reputation for developing bright minds within their team and helping team members gain exposure to:
- execution algorithms
- researching and implementing strategies
- improving monitoring and other business systems through programming
You will learn from individuals with a blue-chip background in the world of finance, science, and technology and as a business, they are committed to providing you with the necessary guidance and training to achieve your potential.
Once your training is completed, you will be developing software to support and extend the company's trading and business systems, as well as monitoring the automated execution of the systematic futures portfolio throughout the trading day.
The trading responsibilities will include:
- monitoring the integrity of the input data, monitoring broker connections
- ensuring the trades are executed in a timely manner
- ensuring that reports to external parties are accurate and timely, and catching and fixing any problems that may arise in the live trading system
Whilst no practical experience is necessarily required in a similar job, though it would certainly be an advantage, essential requirements are that you have :
- High-Level Mathematical aptitudes
- A Degree in Science/ Mathematics related discipline
- A genuine interest in quantitative finance concepts
The role is based in Malta, on a full-time basis, and the firm adopts a flexible approach towards work, however, you will gain the most out of your training and learning opportunities through your colleagues in the office.
Salary: subject to qualifications/experience + health insurance + discretionary performance bonus.
FM Search Limited acts as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.